Donate

31st July 2017

Present: David Curtis (Chair), Jon Dennison, Ghislaine Granger (Secretary), Luke Miller (Treasurer), Nicole, Beedell, James Rossiter, apologies Stephanie and Jim Lodge, Peter Golding

1 – MEADOWS
David Curtis has invited Gregory Smith, head gardener at Burgess Park, and will arrange a meeting to discuss options for meadows as he couldn’t come today.
There is £1300 from Guinness to replant the area alongside new buildings on side of the park
Ghislaine will report to Winch House and Jardin House once this meeting has taken place to make suggestions and get residents’ feedback.
Hedge against back wall remains. We need to plant in front of hedge, meadows and plants for all year round.

2 – UPDATE ON HILL / GUINNESS AND WORKS UNFINISHED – ORCHARD
Mary Robinson (Guinness) agreed that knee rail needed to be replaced and is in wrong place. Ghislaine to contact Guinness to ask them to block off the path, and about drainage, water, and electricity in the storage space of Nursery Row Park.

3 – EVENT 23RD SEPTEMBER
Already planned: Mickey the magician, Tanya the face painter, Tom (artist for scything). There will be apple juice. Any other ideas welcome.

4 – PLAY EQUIPMENT
Louise Wilcox (Southwark Park) to discuss with. Luke will see if she can come one evening to meet with the group to discuss options.

5 – OTHER
The aim of the group is to protect and enhance the park.

6 – NEXT MEETING
September 25th (tbc, please check back)